A Walk to Remember.

We again woke up at our leisure.  Did some chores around the boat after breakfast, and decided to go for a walk.

Getting ready!  "I get to come, too!"
 The beach is a short walk from the marina.

 

If you can see it, it seems to blend in with my pants, I have a brace on my leg that keeps my arthritic knee, that is now bone on bone, from rubbing together.  What a difference it makes in being able to walk without being in so much pain!  So with my brace and my walking stick I am good to go anywhere! 

Being with my best bud at the beach - my favorite activity!

I packed a picnic lunch before we left for the walk.  It was pleasant sitting on a bench eating our sandwiches.  The Octopus enjoyed it with us.



The stroll down the beach was chilly but I loved it!  Found some interesting shells along the way.  I told Ed I was going to be more selective this trip in how many shells I collected, but it wasn't long before that idea was gone!

I didn't keep this, but I found the barnacles fascinating on it.  Big ones!
This is how it was all down the beach.   I picked up a bunch of angel wing shells, some razor type shells and some that looked like dinosaur feet or duck feet, as well as some others I don't know the name of!
This as a big pile of different kind of shells that were washed up all in one spot.
Ed spent his time looking for sea glass.  He found 6 brown pieces.  He was disappointed he couldn't find other colors.

We didn't know what animal dug this hole and left tons of footprints in the sand.  There was a second hole not too far from it.  One was perhaps the "front" door and the other the "back" door.

Some cactus in a yard along the street leading back to the Marina.


Update on the name of the Octopus.  Octopussy, from the James Bond movie, and Inky, from the Nemo movie.  I am favoring Inky right now.  I am thinking of Inky Rose.  What do you think?  I am still willing to hear some more names!  Keep them coming!  I will decide next weekend.  As a refresher I had Otto, Octavia, Nautilus Compass Rose and Ollie.

Fair Winds to All!

Joan





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. Augustine, FL

Swansborough, NC

Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC