Preparing for our new Adventure!





 Our last week home photo!

One week to go for our second trip down the ICW and then back to the Bahamas!  We are in the one week to go blitz!  Feeling the crunch, a good crunch, though!  My emotions are different from the first trip.  I know, through first hand experience, just how much I will really miss everyone!  The excitement of seeing new islands is still just as thrilling and I will definitely enjoy visiting the places along the new route we are taking.

Our plan is to go down Lake Okeechobee, Fl to the Gulf coast of Fl, down to the Keys for the Winter and then head to the Eleuthera and the Abaco Islands for the Spring.  As we have majorly learned from our 2016 trip, plans are always subject to change!

From a suggestion by a sweet and creative friend of mine,  Zulienne,  I have taken a different approach to my blog this time.   My blog will be written through the "eyes" of a stuffed animal friend. With Sarah's encouragement, I adopted a small stuffed octopus who will accompany us on our travels.  From now on my blog will be known as my blogopus, Sarah's coined word!  

 Meet _______________________, our new crew mate!  Problem is she doesn't have a name.

Announcement:

There is a contest going on to name her.  Please submit a name or names for my rose colored octopus!

I hope you will follow along for all or parts of our voyage!  Please leave me comments along the way!  I would love to hear from you!  I will respond to you!

From the first-mate,

Joan

Check out Ed's blog:  sv-dolce-vita.blogspot.com



Comments

  1. love you, Joan...keep healthy and safe! blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "Otto" since that is eight in Italian? Or maybe "Octavia"? Hope to talk to you before you leave!

    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC