Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC






When we stopped in Elizabeth City, NC two years ago we were told that they stopped the tradition of giving roses to the women and offering wine and cheese to all the visitors that came by boat to the city docks welcoming them to their charming city.  The new leader of the Visitor's Center decided to reinstate this long revered tradition.  When we docked, one of the volunteers met us, helped us with our lines and helped me get a rope around this too tall piling.  He invited us the newly renewed wine and cheese get together that evening.  (Don't know where the roses were!)  It was so nice, not only the wine and cheese, but to meet other boaters.  We met a very nice couple who had an adorable Yorkie, named Libby.  With this couple and the young couple we met on Emerald Fire back in the Dismal Swamp, we went out to dinner at a lovely restaurant where we ate in their alley outdoor eating area.  It was very quaint, but very cold.  Since there was a dog with our group we couldn't eat indoors.  I ate a delicious shrimp and grits, which had beans in it which was a first for me!

I did some walking around the town.  My first destination was to the Bead Spot.  The shop was unfortunately closed due getting ready for a craft fair the next day.  Couldn't talk Ed into staying one more day to go to it.  We must be on the move to make it to Florida before December!  I also went around looking for a watch.  No luck yet!  

It was a nice stopover.  I really like the people there.

Leaving Elizabeth City





Comments

  1. That's great! When I tried stopping there on my way north, I had no help getting in and got stuck (temporarily) sideways between two of the slips. When I noticed the draw bridge opening, I made a B-line for it and was out-a-there! I'm glad your experience was better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Preparing for our new Adventure!