Meandering on...... Wrightsville Beach

I am so enjoying my routine of meandering the ICW that time slips away and for one reason or another my blogging gets way laid. Some of the good excuses I have, and they are legit, forgot to charge up my laptop and we are anchored with no extra power for charging, and/or asleep on the settee, or got into a crochet or stamping project! So look at the date and you will see when we actually at the place you are reading about!

After Swansborough, we anchored in Wrightsville Beach. We accidentally found this area by checking into various possible coves and such, and discovered a very nice anchorage! Apparently a lot of boaters know of this place.  The area was filled up.  It was a great spot! Two other boats were there that we had met before - Take Five and North Star.  Take Five came over to us and gave us a ride in their dinghy to shore and we had a lovely dinner at the Mexican restaurant with them! I had the best Chile Rellonos! (We unfortunately didn't get any pictures of them!)

By the way, Inky Rose was not too happy with me. I didn't take her in the dinghy to the restaurant with Ginna and Peter,  so now she's sulking in the corner. 

 


Here are some photos from Wrightville Beach and some along the passageway to and/or from Wrightsville Beach.

This is the anchorage at Wrightsville Beach.
A very big barge - will it make it?

 Some awesome shaped trees along the way.




 
A dolphin approaching Dolce Vita

I am getting a collection of these dead trees.  I have an art idea for them which I will work on when we return.
 
                Actually getting a photo of a dolphin by the side of our boat!
Catching a ride!

Fair Winds to All,

Joan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Preparing for our new Adventure!

Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC