Swansborough, NC

We needed a place to stay for the night, so we decided to stay at a very inexpensive marina, Dudley's in Swansborough.  When we got there it was still in a rising tide mode, and there wasn't enough depth for us.  We got mildly stuck a couple of times, gave up and went elsewhere.  We found Swansborough's town docks and stayed there.  There were no facilities for boaters.  This area was hard hit by Florence and they were still renovating.  We did get off the boat and visit the very small town of Swansborough.

These photos show some of the Hurricane's Florence's wrath:

 



I was fascinated by the bright color of this house!




 the town docks



 
Here is a part of the town.  Some of the shops were open, some were closed for the season, some were still recovering from damage.

This duck came up to me looking for a handout.  Unfortunately for him I didn't have anything.









Ed's comment was that he was a distraction.  Then told me to look behind me and beware of a mob attack!


On to an anchor spot in Calabash, SC.

Fairwinds to All!

Joan

Comments

  1. I do like the way your blog gives summaries. Makes it easier to keep track of your progress and get a general idea of where you are and where you have stayed. I had a long talk with Bruce Dandt yesterday and he told me about your progress. You are doing great. I'm impressed that you made it from Oriental to Swansborough in just one day. I'm surprised you bypassed through Beaufort/Moorehead City though - one of my favorite places of all time.
    Thanks for all the memories and great pics.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Preparing for our new Adventure!

Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC