Everglades City

I am back blogging using Ed's tablet.  My laptop will receive a burial once I get home! Hopefully I will get my files out!  I need to get back to some kind of work to buy myself a new one.  Then again, I plan on spending my time taking care of my 65 year old body - new knee, removal of bunions and anything else that creeps in!  There are a lot of people here in the harbor that have had this kind of major surgery and have passed on good advice about what to expect and what to do to get through the process.  Not looking forward to it but I am not as worried about it like I was before.  So, enough said, here is the catch up of our trip.  We are having a blast. Also, my goal is to catch up on my writing.

We arrived in Everglades City on January 19.  Not that we celebrated or even mentioned it to each other, this was the anniversary of when we met 50 years ago.  We were just too busy to realize it on that day!  In fact, I just realized it was 50 years as I was writing!  How time flies when you are having fun.

Photos as we were entering Everglades City.


One of the first thing we did was go on an air boat ride.  This was the reason for coming to the Everglades.  We chose this company because they used headphones for everyone with a microphone to talk into so the guide could talk to us while we were traveling and we could talk to him and ask questions.



As always, I loved the art work around!


These guys were stuffed!

We ate at Camilla's, one of the local places to eat.  I wanted to try Stone crab claws but they said the season was slow to start so they didn't want to serve them like they.  They did serve them as Stone crab tacos.  I opted for shrimp and grits, one of my favs.



They had live entertainment every night.  It was a fun place!



 just thought this was neat.  They had some anique looking things all around the restaurant.

This is all for now again.  I ran into a technical problem again and Ed is not here to help me, and I just don't remember what he did to get out of this problem!

Part 2 to come!  I have a lot to share and I am very disappointed that I have to stop now.  This is an oh well issue and one that can be fixed with the knowledgeable person around!

Fair Winds to All,

Joan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Preparing for our new Adventure!

Swansborough, NC