Bimini, Bahamas!!

We made it to Bimini on February 27.  We had a good weather window and the voyage over was comfortable and safe!  It took us 24 hours so we had to do watches with 3 hrs. of sleep and 6 hrs. to stay up to look out for boat traffic while we kept moving onward.  Since there were 3 of us there was always 2 people on watch.  I opted for the midnight to 6 am watch with Ed.  That was rough for me since I ended up not feeling well and all I wanted was to lie down and sleep!  I kept nodding off, so it was good there were two of us on watch!  We did a second overnight trip from Bimini to Great Harbor.  I took the 9 pm to 3 am watch and that was much better for me.  I still had a tendency to nod off a bit but I was able to snap back quicker.  I learned a lot from these two watches.  We will have one more overnight passage from Bimini back to Florida and then we will only have just the 2 of us.  The shift will work out 4 hrs. off and 4 hrs. on.  Ed says this will be easier.  Sure hope so!   This will be my first watch all by myself.  The thought of this scared me a lot on our first trip, which is why Bill joined us twice back then.  He won't be able to this time.  It's time I learn.  I plan on having an air horn near me so that I can wake Ed up should I need help!

Photos:

This is the quarantine flag that we put up while the Captain goes to customs and checks everyone in.  Then we can take that down and put up a Bahamas flag.  Only the Captain can leave the boat until he returns to the boat.
 There were two sharks greeting us!

 This was Sister Jen's lunch van.  She was highly recommended to us by our friends, Bruce and Gayleen.  It was very tasty!

 We had lunch another day at C.J.'s by the beach.  We walked along for a while collecting shells.  Ed made friends with 2 young boys who helped find sea glass for him.  No photo though.  It was so cute!


We went to the Dolphin House again this trip.  This was where Ashley Saunders decorated every square inch inside and outside his house with shells,
objects found on the beach, leftover construction materials and made all sorts of mosaics and other kinds of art work.  I took so many photos of this on the last trip that I didn't take any this time.

We were in Bimini 3 days then we took our second overnight sail to Great Harbor Cay in the Berry Islands.

Fair Winds to All,

Joan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anchoring in Georgia and the Walburg Creek Episode

Preparing for our new Adventure!

Rose Buddies are Back! Elizabeth City, NC